Aggression Bar Settings and Options
There are numerous customizations available for the aggression bars indicator.
Below is a video and below that is a setting-by-setting breakdown.
(Note: The video shows the settings in Ninja 8. The process for Ninja 7 is essentially identical)
Here is a breakdown, setting-by-setting:
Aggression Bar Sensitivity
This lets the software know how easily aggression should be displayed.
You have several options:
- "Regular": This is the standard setting. It tends to work well on time-based charts during regular trading hours.
- "More Sensitive": This will show more aggression bars. In other words, the threshold to become an aggression bar is less. This tends to be the setting you would want to use for non-time-based charts (such as range, tick, volume, etc charts).
- "Less Sensitive": This will show fewer aggression bars. In other words, the threshold to become an aggression bar is greater. This tends to be the setting you would want to use for an overnight chart. This could also be a setting to try if you're trading a very volatile or not-very-liquid type of market.
This lets the software know if you want to see all of the aggression bars, or just some.
You have several options:
- "Show All": shows Level 1, 2, 3, and 4 bars
- "Level 234": shows just level 2,3, and 4 bars
- "Level 34": shows just level 3 and 4 bars
- "Level 4": shows just level 4 bars
If you want to be alerted when a new aggression bar forms, you can set the alerts to "true". Depending on the market and your settings, you might get a lot of alerts, so just be aware of that. We have customized alerts, but if you want to change the sound that you hear, let us know and we can show you how to change it.
Aggression Bar Colors
This is pretty self-explanatory. You can customize the colors for each type of aggression bar to whatever you would like. If you decide to make changes from the default settings, you can make sure they always show up that way by either saving a new chart template or by right clicking within the indicator and setting it as the indicator default. (shown in video)
Types Of Bars
The aggression bars will show on any type of bar. Typically, people will either use the OHLC (open high low close) type of bar or a candlestick type of bar.
Whichever your preference, it's recommended that you go to Data Series and change the "color for down bars" and "color for up bars" to light gray or something similar. Otherwise, the real-time changes in the bar will show as green and red, and that can be confusing if you also have your aggression bars set to any shades of red or green. (shown in video)
If you need help at any step of the way, just let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Questions? Email email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.